List Serve Instructions
NursingCAS established a listserve for its users on August 1, 2012. The list serves as an electronic discussion group for users at schools who participate in NursingCAS in order to facilitate communication, collaboration, and sharing of best practices. An initial announcement about the listserve went out in the July 2012 NursingCAS newsletter.
- Currently, only primary users/administrators at schools who participate in NursingCAS or those who have requested to remain on the listserve are on the distribution list
- Typically primary user is defined as the individual(s) from your school who was indicated as the primary user on your NursingCAS Participation Agreement, has “configure software” rights in WebAdMIT, and/or has frequent email communication with NursingCAS & WebAdMIT staff
- If you are not a primary user or administrator but would like to participate in the listserve please enter in your e-mail address above in the box next to the “Subscribe” button above and click on “Subscribe”. Once you hit “Subscribe” you will receive a confirmation email from “Nursingcas Confirmation (from Lyris ListManager)” with the subject line “Your Confirmation is Needed” and you must click on the link in the email to confirm your listserve subscription. Or you can send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “add to listserve”. All NursingCAS WebAdMIT users are able to participate
- To send a message to the listserve, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note all of the list members will automatically receive a copy of the message. By selecting the reply option, it acts as a REPLY ALL function, and your message will be delivered to the entire distribution list. If you would like to send a message directly to only the individual who sent the message then when you hit reply delete email@example.com from the “To” line and copy and paste in the individual’s email address, otherwise your message will be sent out to the entire listserve
- To read an online forum of all the listserve messages sent visit http://lists.aacn.nche.edu/read/?forum=nursingcas
- By default all listserve subscribers are set up as receiving messages as they are sent. If you prefer to receive a digest of messages sent in one daily email please contact Caroline Allen, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “digest listserv” and she will change your subscription
- In order to maintain the focus of the listserve we ask that the members please limit messages to topics related to NursingCAS, WebAdMIT, admissions, student services, application processes, and enrollment management
- You will be able identify messages from the listserve because in the subject line, the word NursingCAS will appear in brackets, for example “[nursingcas] Welcome to the NursingCAS Listserve”
- To unsubscribe from the listserve enter in your email address above in the box next to the “Unsubscribe” button above and click on “Unsubscribe”
If you have questions please contact Caroline Allen, NursingCAS Manager, at email@example.com or 202-463-6930 ext. 258.