Samuel Merritt University
Samuel Merritt University (SMU), located in Oakland, California, has been educating health science practitioners who are committed to making a positive difference in diverse communities since 1909. Nearly 1,400 students are enrolled at SMU, with campuses in Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco and San Mateo. The University offers an undergraduate degree in nursing; master's degrees in nursing, occupational therapy, and physician assistant; and doctoral degrees in nursing, physical therapy and podiatric medicine.
The Family Nurse Practitioner Program is seeking qualified candidates for Annualized Faculty to plan, implement, manage and evaluate assigned portions of the academic curriculum commensurate with accepted norms of higher education and accreditation standards. Faculty is responsible for creating environments that facilitate student learning and the attainment of expected outcomes at the course and program levels. This position is 1.0 FTE with expected on-campus participation in program activities from 3 - 5 days per week or the equivalent thereof.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Expertise in clinical teaching and in didactic instruction
- Strong leadership and critical thinking abilities
- Experience in higher education and/or the commitment to gain knowledge and experience in current concepts and techniques of education
- Substantive computer skills sufficient to meet position demands; willingness to obtain additional training and education in this area
- Ability to adjust other professional commitments to meet varying program scheduling requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Earned Doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education
- Specialization in area of teaching responsibility
- Current national certification by either ANCC or AANP
- RN Licensure and FNP with Furnishing Number by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Recent (within five years) practice experience in area of specialization
- Documented high quality didactic teaching experience of at least three years
SMU School of Nursing is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving success in higher education for underrepresented students.
Follow application instructions online www.samuelmerritt.edu/employment. Applicants should upload a letter of application outlining their qualifications for the position, current Curriculum Vitae, and three references. Questions regarding this position should be directed to Nursing Coordinator of Faculty Recruitment at email@example.com.