Metropolitan State University
Dean, College of Health, Community, and Professional Studies
Metropolitan State University invites applications for the Dean of the College of Health, Community and Professional Studies which houses the School of Nursing, and the Dental Hygiene, Social Work, Psychology and Human Services Departments. The hallmark of the College is a strong commitment to diversity and to baccalaureate to doctoral education and scholarship that is community focused. The Dean will report directly to the Provost and Vice-President of Academic Affairs and will be responsible for providing leadership to the College faculty and staff in the administration of the College.
- Supervise the recruitment, hiring, mentoring, and evaluation of a diverse faculty and staff.
- Oversee faculty and staff in curriculum and new program development, and program assessment.
- Advocate for the needs of all students, staff and faculty.
- Represent all programs in the college within the academic community, and at the local, state, regional and national levels.
- Provide leadership in maintaining appropriate accreditation, seeking grant funding, fostering internal and external relationship.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with urban community organizations, including health care and social work agencies, advisory groups, and other colleges and universities.
A doctorate in a field encompassed by or allied to the disciplines of the college from a regionally-accredited institution.
- At least the equivalent of four years of experience in academic administration at the level of Department Chair or higher, and evidence of strong budget management expertise;
- At least the equivalent of five years of full-time teaching experience in higher education, with a demonstrated record of academic or professional accomplishment and scholarship.
- Ability to advocate for all disciplines in the college, including some expertise in, and knowledge of all the areas.
- Commitment to the success of culturally, ethnically and racially diverse, traditional and nontraditional students and to affirmative action in staffing and operations.
- Experience in engaging and creating partnerships with diverse community organizations including social service, health care and business communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, demonstrated success with interdisciplinary collaboration and communication, and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff and administrators, as well as external publics;
- Success in fundraising and grant acquisition.
- Commitment to academic advising and strategies to promote student success;
- Experience in program and curriculum development in facilitating professional programs and program accreditation.
- Experience in an urban university.
- Experience with applied doctoral education.
- Success in the hiring, mentoring, and evaluating faculty at the university level, within a shared governance setting.
Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, serves approximately 11,000 students in the greater Twin Cities Metropolitan area. We are the most diverse university in the system, with approximately 30% of our students coming from communities of color. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
The salary and rank for this position are commensurate with education and experience. This position is a Range 10.
* Employment for this position is covered by the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities Personnel Plan for Administrators. http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/AdminPlan10_11_2.pdf
To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: Friday, October 19, 2012
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position.
- Current curriculum vita or resume.
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Transcripts - Valid Unofficial copies showing conferred date are required. If selected for hire, official copies will be required.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEO GOV @ 1-877-204-4442, option 1, for technical assistance. If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Search & Selection Specialist, Jody (Mary) Anderson at 651.793.1811. TTY users call 651.772.7687.
Notice: In accordance with the MnSCU Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Metropolitan State University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran's status in employment, education, and all other areas of the University. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.