Texas A & M International University
Dean, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Position Description and Responsibilities
The Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences is the chief academic administrator of the College and the Canseco School of Nursing and reports to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Dean works with a highly motivated and creative faculty to pursue the University’s mission of improving the quality of life for the border region and the nation through higher education. The Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences is a twelve-month administrative position.
The Dean provides visionary leadership and promotes excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. S/he identifies and pursues opportunities for College advancement through philanthropy and grantsmanship; manages budget, personnel, and other resources with efficiency and accountability; and coordinates and facilitates evaluation and reporting requirements to maintain state and national accreditation of programs. The Dean is expected to foster an organizational culture that supports collegiality and professional development of students, faculty, and staff as well as advance the College’s commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.
- Earned doctorate in Nursing or a doctorate in a related discipline with Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Academic credentials commensurate with appointment at the rank of full professor with tenure.
- Record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Licensed/eligible (unrestricted) as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience in a professional nursing educational program.
- Successful evidence of knowledge and skills/abilities in administration (and budgetary experience) within a professional nursing educational program.
- Evidence of commitment to student-centered education.
- Experience with academic and professional accreditation processes and strategic planning.
- Established record of funded scholarship.
- Experience with fostering innovative community collaborations, including those with health care providers.
- Experience working with under-served and under-represented populations.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of five professional references. Completed applications received by October 24, 2012 will be given preference. The position will remain open until filled. Starting date negotiable. Applications are to be submitted electronically (MS Word or PDF format) to: TAMIUNDean@agbsearch.com.
The search is being assisted by AGB Search consultant, Dr. Garry Owens. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-705-9081 (office) or 806-239-3049 (Cell).
Interested individuals are encouraged to visit the Website for Texas A&M International University at www.tamiu.edu. A prospectus for the search is available at www.agbsearch.com.
Texas A&M International University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.