Cedar Crest College
The Inaugural Hazel and Walter May Endowed Chair
for Excellence in Nursing
The holder of the Chair will be an experienced nurse researcher with a well-developed program of research including:
- An earned research doctorate (PhD or equivalent) in nursing or a related field.
- A history of significant and sustained extramural funding.
- The ability to lead a sustainable research program and mentor faculty.
- An exemplary record of scholarly work.
- Teaching excellence in preparing nurses to lead in a global society.
- Innovation and creativity in pedagogy.
- Evidence of visionary leadership in nursing.
This position is a 12 month, full-time position and is anticipated to begin in Summer 2013.
The review of nominations and applications will begin immediately. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest, with salary requirements, and the names of three professional references to:
Margie Grandinetti, Director of Human Resources
Cedar Crest College
100 College Drive
Allentown, PA 18104
Or e-mail to: email@example.com
Responses will be sent only to those under consideration.
Qualified candidates should access full details about the position on the Cedar Crest College website: http://www2.cedarcrest.edu/hr/index.shtm
Founded in 1867 Cedar Crest College is a four-year, independent liberal arts college for women which emphasizes cross-disciplinary cooperation and excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching and research. The beautiful 84-acre campus, a registered national arboretum, is located in the Lehigh Valley in eastern Pennsylvania, conveniently located between Philadelphia and New York City. The Cedar Crest College Nursing Department is NLNAC accredited and offers undergraduate programs and graduate programs in nursing administration and education. The Hazel and Walter May Endowed Chair for Excellence in Nursing is the first Endowed Chair in the Nursing Department.