Western Michigan University
Western Michigan University invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant Professor in the WMU Bronson School of Nursing. The position is a tenure track, academic year (9-month) appointment.
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related field by August 1, 2014
- Graduate degree in nursing
- Certification in a specialty area (including, but not limited to mental health nursing, adult health nursing, or community health nursing)
- Registered Nurse License with eligibility for MI license
- Evidence of technological literacy and on-line instruction preferred
- Teaching experience in a nursing baccalaureate program preferred
- Demonstrate potential to maintain an active program of scholarly research and grant writing related to field of expertise.
- Faculty are required to teach didactic and clinical courses in undergraduate and/or graduate programs
- Assist with the development of the graduate program in nursing
- Bring or secure external funding for research or special projects
- Sustained productivity and growth in research and grant writing
- Demonstrate scholarly productivity through publications
- Demonstrate regional, national/international reputation in area of expertise
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary environment of research, instruction and community collaborations
- Contribute to the missions of the School, College and University
- Service to the Department, the University, the profession and the community
The University: Western Michigan University (WMU), located in Southwest Michigan, is a vibrant, nationally recognized student-centered research institution with an enrollment of nearly 25,000. WMU delivers high-quality undergraduate instruction, has a strong graduate division, and fosters significant research activities. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has placed WMU among the 76 public institutions in the nation designated as research universities with high research activities.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Expected Start Date: August 18, 2014
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin January 1, 2014, and will continue until suitable candidates are selected.
Please visit www.wmujobs.org/applicants/Central?quickFind=53598 for detailed information and application procedures.
Western Michigan University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer consistent with applicable federal and state law. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.