Emporia State University
Chair, School of Nursing
Newman Regional Health and Emporia State University seek applications for the position of Chair, Emporia State University, Newman Division of Nursing, starting the 2013-2014 academic year. This position is a unique collaboration between an acute care hospital and a Regent University to offer a nationally accredited baccalaureate nursing program, in Emporia, Kansas.
This 12-month, full-time position, requires an academically and experientially qualified individual to administer the baccalaureate nursing program. Responsibilities of the Division Chair involve aspects of personnel; fiscal management; and approval, accreditation and governance matters. It is a requirement that the Chair participate in teaching, scholarship, and service with a strong commitment to excellence. The Chair will be responsible to the Dean of Liberal Arts & Sciences at Emporia State University and to the CEO, Newman Regional Health.
- An earned doctorate in nursing
- Current nursing license and able to be licensed in Kansas
- Experience and accomplishments sufficient for appointment as an Associate or Full Professor
- Commitment to collaboration (i.e., engage communities and develop linkages, communicate and collaborate with institutions of higher education, agencies and representatives of federal, regional, state, and local levels)
- Prior experience as director of baccalaureate nursing program, including accreditation and program evaluation preferred.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience along with a full array of benefits.
Review of application will continue until a suitable candidate is secured. Individuals wishing to apply must submit the following electronically to the Human Resource Department at email@example.com:
1. Letter of application, with a narrative statement of experience and qualifications related to this position.
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Contact information for three professional references
For questions please call Human Resources at 620-343-6800 ext. 1100 or ESU/Newman Division of Nursing at 620-343-6800 ext. 5641.