Research College of Nursing
Research College of Nursing invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the College of Nursing. The Dean is the chief academic officer of the College and reports to the President. The Dean provides leadership to ensure academic integrity of all programs and fosters a culture that supports faculty in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service.
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related field
- Minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing
- Eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse in Missouri
- Strong record of experience and leadership in nursing education
- Substantial contributions in the areas of scholarship and service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management style
Responsibilities, knowledge and skills
- Models the core values of the College
- Develops innovative programs to support the education of a nursing workforce
- Demonstrates knowledge of curriculum development/evaluation and assessment of student learning
- Provides transformational leadership to faculty and other communities of interest to achieve the College’s mission, goals and expected outcomes.
- Represents the College at local, state, national and international venues to advance nursing and healthcare
- Demonstrates experience in policy development and fiscal planning/resource allocation
- Commits to a diverse, service-oriented, intellectually active partnership in learning
A complete application consists of 1] a signed letter of intent which addresses qualifications for the position; 2] a complete curriculum vitae; and 3] the names, addresses and contact information for five professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. All expressions of interest and applications will be considered confidential. Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be submitted by mail to
Dr. Lynn Warmbrodt
Chair, College of Nursing Dean Search Committee
2525 East Meyer Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64132;
Only complete applications will be considered.
For additional information about Research College of Nursing, please visit www.researchcollege.edu.