University of West Georgia
Director of Online Ed.D in Nursing Education Program
The University of West Georgia is launching a national search for a Director of the newly established online EdD in Nursing Education program. The position is available on July 1, 2013. The program is a collaborative effort between the School of Nursing and the College of Education and enrolled its first class of 14 students in fall 2012.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The director will report directly to the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies in the SON and will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a quality doctoral program; resource acquisition and management; facilitating faculty and student growth as scholars in nursing education; and creation of a culture of collaboration and engagement in a quality caring, student-centered environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Master of Science in Nursing and a doctorate in nursing or relevant discipline and eligibility for RN licensure in Georgia
- Doctoral teaching experience with experience directing dissertations preferred
- Established research program
- Online teaching experience
- Experience with funded grants and grant writing preferred
- Administrative and collaborative leadership experience
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in nursing education
- Commitment to a diverse academic community
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send your letter of application, three letters of recommendation, and curriculum vitae to:
Ashley Helvig, PhD, RN
School of Nursing
1601 Maple Street, Carrollton, Georgia 30118
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.