Florida A&M University
Dean, School of nursing
- Executive - Deans - Medicine
- Executive - Deans - Health
- Faculty - Medicine - Nursing
All application documents must be submitted/postmarked by January 31, 2013
Type: Full Time
Position Number: 17077 (Faculty)
Location: School of Nursing
Contract Period: 12 month
Deadline Date: January 31, 2013
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2013
A master's degree in nursing and an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field from an accredited institution; a minimum of five years of successful experience as an administrator in a baccalaureate and higher degree granting institution; innovative teaching, scholarly or professional record of service; experience with the NLNAC or CCNE accreditation; experience in fundraising or development; and experience in addressing curricular, financial, and human resources in a School of Nursing.
A successful candidate must have the following:
- The ability to create an open, organizational climate through shared governance.
- A firm understanding and appreciation of academic freedom.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, decision-making and leadership skills.
- A proven record of progressive, responsible and innovative leadership.
- Commitment to distance learning.
- Evidence of commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated utilization of data-based decision making.
- A willingness to commit to the university's motto, "Excellence with Caring".
- Eligibility for RN licensure in Florida.
HOW TO APPLY
Each applicant must submit the following: (i) a letter of interest that clearly states the applicant’s qualifications for the position, (ii) a current curriculum vita, (iii) three references and their contact information (name, position, address, telephone number, and e-mail) (iv) unofficial copies of all graduate transcripts, and (v) a completed application for employment by the stated deadline. (Download application here). For more information on this position, please visit http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?hr&Vacancies.
All employment application documents must be received by
Mrs. Carrie M. Gavin, Director
Equal Opportunity Programs
Florida A&M University
674 Gamble Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32307
or via e-mail at email@example.com
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
FAMU is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access University
Posted January 2013