Kansas Wesleyan University
chair/ director of nursing education
Kansas Wesleyan University seeks applications for the position of Chair/Director of Nursing Education starting the 2013-2014 academic year.
This 10-month, full-time position, requires an academically and experientially qualified individual to administer the baccalaureate nursing program. Responsibilities of the Chair/Director of Nursing Education include supervision of nursing faculty/staff; fiscal management, and oversight of accreditation and governance matters. The Chair/Director will also participate in teaching, scholarship, professional, and community service. The Chair/Director will report to the Executive Vice President/Provost of Kansas Wesleyan University. To learn more about the position visit http://kwu.edu/about-kwu/job-opportunities/chairdirector-of-nursing.
- An earned doctorate in nursing or a related discipline (required)
- Masters in Nursing (required)
- Current nursing license and able to be licensed in Kansas (required)
- Experience and accomplishments sufficient for appointment as an Associate or Full Professor (preferred)
- Prior experience as director of baccalaureate nursing program, including accreditation and program evaluation preferred (preferred)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience along with a competitive benefit package.
Review of application will continue until a candidate is hired. Individuals wishing to apply should submit their curriculum vitae, 3 copies of all official transcripts, and names of 3 references electronically to Rita Northup:
The Kansas Wesleyan University BSN program is accredited by the:
National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
3343 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Kansas State Board of Nursing
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson, Suite 1051
Topeka, Kansas, 66612
posted june 2013