Samuel Merritt University
Assistant Professor, Critical Care Specialty
Faculty is responsible for creating environments that facilitate student learning and the attainment of expected outcomes at the course and program levels. Faculty has ownership for the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the curricula within the School of Nursing which are designed to prepare graduates to provide nursing care in a dynamic health care environment.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in nursing or an equivalent field required
- Earned Doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education preferred
- Specialization in area of teaching responsibility
- At least three years of progressive teaching experience in classroom, practice, and/or laboratory settings preferred. Baccalaureate or higher degree preferred.
- Recent (within five years) practice experience in area of specialization
- Registered Nurse or eligible for licensure in California
To apply, please forward your letter of interest and C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With campuses in Oakland, Sacramento, and the San Francisco Peninsula, SMU School of Nursing pre-licensure programs include a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a 12-month Accelerated BSN, and an Entry-level Master of Science in Nursing.
SMU School of Nursing is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving success in higher education for under-represented students.