Samuel Merritt University
Assistant director, fnp program
The Assistant Director will assist the Program Director in administering the clinical and didactic nurse practitioner programs in keeping with the missions and goals of the University and the School of Nursing, WASC, CCNE, AACN, and other relevant standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Effective leadership and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and operational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Effective project planning and implementation skills
- Substantial computer and technology skill sufficient to meet teaching and administrative responsibilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Earned doctoral degree in nursing or equivalent
- Family Nurse Practitioner certification with Furnishing number
- Registered Nurse in California or license eligible
- At least three years’ full-time teaching experience in advanced practice nursing programs
- At least three years’ progressive experience in administration/management in masters or higher degree nursing programs and/or clinical settings
- At least three years’ FNP clinical practice experience
To apply, please forward your letter of interest and C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With campuses in Oakland, Sacramento, and the San Francisco Peninsula, SMU School of Nursing pre-licensure programs include a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a 12-month Accelerated BSN, and an Entry-level Master of Science in Nursing.
SMU School of Nursing is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving success in higher education for under-represented students.