Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Associate dean for research and scholarship
The TTUHSC, Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced research nursing educator to develop the research and faculty scholarship agenda of the GGHSON.
The selected candidate in collaboration with the Dean of the GGHSON, will identify and /or develop specific research/scholarship and /or roles suitable for faculty and student participation. This is a unique opportunity to participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of mission, goals and outcomes of the GGHSON.
- DNP or PhD in nursing or related field from an accredited university
- Qualifications for faculty appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Higher
- Texas State Nursing license or eligibility for Texas State licensure as a registered nurse
- Extensive experience in the conduct of independent research
- Preparation and experience in research design, methodology and data analysis.
- Successful experiences with extramurally funded research
- Expertise in and a democratic approach to interpersonal relations and interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Awareness of current issues/trends in nursing education
- Community and professional leadership and networking skills regarding school’s research goals
- Commitment to the principles of affirmative action and equal employment opportunities
- Demonstrated management skills related to supervision of faculty and staff, schedule building, staff development and departmental evaluation.
- Experience and expertise in teaching in nursing related to the department mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development and instructional methodologies.
- Knowledge of clinical nursing practice and t the ability to assist students in clinical activities.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience; comprehensive benefits package is included. Interested candidates must apply online at: http://jobs.texastech.edu/postings/54229 Requisition #: 88637 CV should be attached online. A complete position description can be found online.
For inquiries contact:
Jeanne M. Novotny, PhD, RN, FAAN, Founding Dean
Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing
Position(s) will be open until filled.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
posted june 2013