Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship
Doctoral education and research agenda required and rank is dependent upon experience and scholarly achievement. Excellent opportunities for collaborative research with area healthcare agencies exist. Administrative experience in research, grants, and/or graduate studies is preferred. Selected candidate will have a successful record of funding and scholarship and an academic record that is consistent with appointment as tenured Associate or Full Professor. Outstanding communication and leadership skills are necessary to communicate and implement the vision, mission and strategic goals of the School and University. Earned doctorate in nursing is preferred and candidate must be eligible for licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas.
Responsibilities include research, service to the university, the faculty member’s professional field, and the community and as well as select teaching. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement policies and processes that promote and enhance research.
- Mentor and assist faculty as they develop research programs
- Provide support and resources for faculty and student researchers including proposal development, grant administration and regulatory oversight.
- Expand federal research funding.
- Build relationships with local, national and international foundations and grantors.
- Effectively manage processes related to grant and contract submission and management.
- Maintain scholarship and a funded program of research and serve as a scholarly role model.
- Promote collaborative interdisciplinary research with healthcare and academic partners.
The Louise Herrington School of Nursing is located in Dallas on the campus of the Baylor University Medical Center, where students complete their upper division coursework. Established in 1909, the School of Nursing has an outstanding reputation based on excellent faculty, curriculum and students and is committed to providing our students with premier education and clinical experiences in a faith-based environment.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For additional information and application instructions, please see http://www.baylor.edu/hr/index.php?id=81300
Baylor is a Baptist university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, Baylor encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.