San Francisco State University
Tenure-track position, Assistant Professor
Faculty Position: Tenure-track position, Assistant Professor level, in Maternal-Child Nursing to begin in August of 2013. Search # 8.12
Location: School of Nursing: San Francisco State University (San Francisco, CA).
Participates in the curricular development, implementation and evaluation of the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs pertaining to Maternal-Child Nursing practice. Will be responsible for the curricular development focusing on undergraduate and graduate students with emphasis on both academic and clinical instruction for Maternal-Child Nursing management. Active participation in scholarly work, expert teaching, and service related activities are expected.
An earned research doctorate in nursing or related field. Masters degree in nursing with license or eligible for licensure in California. Academic teaching experience and scholarship with recent Maternal-Child clinical practice expertise is desired. Academic program development expertise and collaboration within a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural setting is essential.
MS degree in Maternal-Child and/or certification as a Maternal-Child Nurse Practitioner.
Qualified applicants are to submit the following documents to Dr. Alice Prive, Chairperson, Hiring Committee, School of Nursing at San Francisco State University:
- A cover letter describing teaching and scholarship interests.
- Updated curriculum vitae – clearly indicate Maternal-Child and adult nursing experiences and expertise.
- Three recent (no more than two years old) letters of recommendation.
- Verification of earned Master’s and Doctoral Degrees in Nursing.
- Verification of licensure or eligible for licensure in California
- Email to:
Alice Prive, PhD, RN
Posted March 2013