University of Colorado
Associate Dean for Academic Programs
The University of Colorado College of Nursing invite applications invite applications for the position of Associate Dean for Academic Programs. As the Senior Academic Officer for the College of Nursing, you will have responsibility for providing innovative and visionary leadership for all of the College’s academic programs (bachelors, masters, doctoral, and life-long learning) whether delivered on site or by distance technologies. The Associate Dean for Academic Programs collaborates with the Dean, the College’s other leaders, faculty, and inter-professional colleagues in accomplishing the College’s educational mission and moving the College toward its strategic and long range goals. She appoints, supervises and facilitates the work of the Academic Program Directors and the Director of the Office of Lifelong Learning.
The University of Colorado Denver is a premier research university with campuses in downtown Denver and the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. Renowned researchers and award-winning faculty offer more than 100 degree programs through 13 colleges and schools. The Anschutz Medical campus includes over 5 million square feet of research, educational and clinical facilities on 227 acres.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- A bachelor’s and master’s degree in nursing and an earned doctorate in nursing or related field;
- A distinguished record of academic scholarship;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development, preferably at all three levels of nursing education;
- Evidence of effective inter-professional educational collaboration;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including a participatory leadership style that fosters respect and collegiality, ability to be creative, strong managerial skills, openness to the ideas of others and to constructive feedback; and
- Qualifications commensurate with appointment as Associate or Full Professor.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/pbs/
Applications accepted until position filled. Submit application, cover letter, curriculum vitae and list of three references electronically at http://www.jobsatcu.com.
Dr. Ruth A. O’Brien, Chair for Search
Visit www.jobsatcu.com and search for job posting Number 818656 for more information.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equity in education and
employment. All applications will be held in confidence by the Search Committee
until finalists are identified.