UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
Program Director for the BSN Program
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, School of Nursing invites applications and nominations/recommendations for one full-time tenure eligible (12 month) faculty position. The School of Nursing serves a rapidly growing student population of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students for South Texas and the world.
Our dynamic faculty is forging partnerships that offer cutting-edge opportunities for collaboration and programming that position us for national recognition. We lead in excellence in nursing leadership through innovative teaching, quality research, compassionate care and community service. Our vision is to become a national model for inter-professional educational excellence that uniquely prepares graduates for the challenges of today’s health system.
As a major academic health science center in South Texas, our school is the only school in this region to offer doctorate nursing degrees. This well established School of Nursing with over 100 faculty and 11,000 professional graduates, offers BSN, MSN, DNP and PhD programs of study. Our range of baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs in nursing are well positioned to help train practitioners, leaders and educators for careers in nursing – one of the most exciting and rewarding professions of the 21st century.
We invite individuals to apply for the position of Program Director of the BSN Program with rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. We particularly encourage applications from individuals with established teaching, research and practice programs to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
- Activate transformational faculty leadership in the School of Nursing for developing, implementing, and evaluating academic programs.
- Accountable for the daily implementation of the program’s strategic plan in order to ensure academic integrity and fidelity of the program, to coordinate faculty activities in support of the program and recommend allocation of resources provided for the program.
- Represent the program to internal and external communities of interest as appropriate.
- Teach courses across the graduate and/or undergraduate curricula
- Engage in service to the school, the university and the profession
The successful candidate will have:
- Eligibility for Texas RN Licensure (APRN licensure does not replace RN license)
- An earned doctorate in nursing or a master’s degree in nursing with a doctorate in a related field at start of appointment
- Met UTHSCSA SON criteria for appointment to Associate Professor or Professor with tenure
- Experience teaching in a BSN program for at least 5 years to include both didactic and clinical courses
- Experience with curriculum development and evaluation at the BSN level
- Served in a leadership role in an academic nursing program
- Demonstrated success in leading or managing groups of faculty
- Evidence of a scholarly trajectory
- Current or recent practice in clinical nursing, nursing leadership or nursing administration
Applications should include the following:
- Letter outlining interest and experience
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information for three references; one of these must be a recent supervisor. (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission)
All inquiries, application materials and nominations/recommendations will be treated in a confidential manner and should be sent, in electronic form, to:
Ilene M. Decker, PhD, RN
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
School of Nursing, MSC 7944
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229
San Antonio is a culturally diverse, exciting city that is a destination for professional and tourists. The major economic component of the 7th largest US city is healthcare.
All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer