Adams State University
tenure track position
Position Number: FN0502
Adams State University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position in nursing.
August 15, 2013
We seek an energetic, enthusiastic, and broadly trained nurse who loves teaching and shares our dedication to excellence. Major responsibilities include:
- Teach up to 12 credit hours per fall and spring semesters.
- Advise students in nursing degree requirements.
- Design and implement theoretical, clinical or laboratory instruction plus evaluate and revise course curriculum.
- Evaluate student achievement of course objectives related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Participate in development, implementation, evaluation, & revision of Nursing Education Program.
- Provide oversight and evaluation of Associate Nursing Instructional Personnel.
- Participate in development, evaluation, and revision of student policies.
- Participate in college and departmental services.
Final course assignments will depend upon department needs as well as the preferences of the successful candidate. We are primarily an institution focused on teaching excellence, and the teaching load is comprised of 12 credit-hours each semester. Adams State University currently offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree in two program tracks: 1) Traditional Four Year BSN Program, and 2) RN to BSN Completion Program. Housed on our campus is a state-of-the-art nursing simulation laboratory.
Minimum qualifications at the time of appointment must include the following:
- Master’s degree in nursing. PhD or DNP preferred.
- Two years of full-time professional nursing clinical experience.
- Two years of full-time teaching experience in a nursing program or equivalent experience preferred.
- Hold a current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Colorado, or be eligible to obtain a Colorado Registered Nurse license.
Preference will be given to those who:
- demonstrate experience and a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and student-centered learning;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- demonstrate experience or interest in undergraduate research;
- demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team member;
- show potential for continued scholarly growth.
- Salary will commensurate with experience. Adams State University offers a competitive benefits package.
Located in Alamosa, Adams State University is a state-supported, primarily undergraduate institution in the San Luis Valley, a rural and agricultural area of south-central Colorado, approximately 3.5 hours from both Denver and Albuquerque and 2.5 hours from Santa Fe, NM. The college is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution and as a regional education provider. Additional information about the university and the department may be found at http://www.adams.edu/ and http://www.adams.edu/academics/nursing. Information about the community and surrounding area can be found at http://www.alamosa.org/.
Applicants should send a detailed letter of application addressing their teaching interests, teaching philosophy and goals as well as professional interests and goals. In their application letter, applicants should also indicate how teaching at Adams State University, a small college in a rural environment, will align with their goals. A complete application will also include a curriculum vitae, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable), a copy of your nursing license, a list of five professional references, and three current letters of recommendation (at least two letters must address teaching experience).
Send materials to :
Dr. Amanda Jojola
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 2250
Alamosa, CO 81101
Phone: (719) 587-8134
Review of completed application will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by a letter.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Adams State University is particularly interested in applications from women and minorities. In compliance with the Immigration Control Act of 1986, candidates for positions must provide proof of eligibility to work before an offer of employment can be made final. Adams State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applications are sought from all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, disability and, as covered by law, veteran status. In addition, college policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, and parental status.
Adams State University and the Nursing Department is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, visitors, and clinical patients. To assist in achieving that goal, prior to employment, we conduct background checks on persons offered positions as described in the background check policy.