Caldwell College invites applications for a full-time Assistant Director position in the Department of Nursing. Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Director assists with providing the day to day management and academic and administrative leadership to achieve the mission and goals of the department and college. The department is seeking candidates with demonstrated leadership, teaching, scholarship, and service competencies. Additional desired competencies include experience with program development, distance education, and grant writing. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing of clinical sites, agreements, and requirements;
- Supervising of student advisement;
- Assisting with scheduling of courses and facilities;
- Providing leadership in program planning and development;
- Interpreting program data and assisting with the preparation of reports, grants and program materials;
- Monitoring outcomes, procedures, timelines and performance criteria related to academic programs and administration;
- Participating in budget development;
- Working collaboratively to achieve departmental and institutional initiatives and serve on committees;
- Meeting with students to discuss problems and assist in devising equitable responses and solutions.
Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program, New Jersey license, plus three to five years of faculty experience with a strong knowledge of undergraduate and graduate nursing curriculum is required. Doctorate in nursing, certification in nursing, and administrative experience is preferred. The successful candidate will have strong informational, technological, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills. The candidate must also have patience, be diligent and able to interact with all institutional stakeholders and desire to work in a collaborative environment. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the college.
Founded in 1939 by the Sisters of Saint Dominic, Caldwell is a four-year, Catholic liberal arts, coeducational college enrolling approximately 2000 full and part-time students in both graduate and undergraduate programs of study. The college is located on a beautiful 70-acre wooded campus in a suburban setting in Caldwell, New Jersey, just 20 miles west of New York City. For more information, visit www.caldwell.edu.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Send application materials to:
Office of Human Resources-AACN
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Caldwell College is EOE
Posted May 2013