Georgia Regents University
Nursing department chairs
Become a part of history at Georgia’s newest comprehensive research university, Georgia Regents University*! Our College of Nursing is seeking outstanding candidates to lead our faculty through transformative change to national prominence.
- Chair, Department of Biobehavioral Nursing
- Chair, Department of Physiological/Technological Nursing
At GRU College of Nursing, you'll find opportunities to:
- work with nursing faculty who are leaders in their fields.
- engage in and promote scholarly interaction with a range of health care professionals.
- build a cadre of exceptional nurse educators through the University’s teaching academy.
- collaborate with the Center for Nursing Research to shape budding researchers.
- develop innovations to enhance programs, foster professional growth and serve the needs of the community.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with the added bonus of working in the state’s second largest metropolitan area, Augusta, Georgia.
- Earned doctoral degree in nursing or related field.
- Extensive experience with curriculum and faculty development.
- Preparation for and experience in healthcare research.
- Eligibility for Georgia Registered Nurse licensure.
- Demonstrated competencies in leadership, diversity, and senior level administrative duties to include personnel supervision, budget and human resource management.
- Demonstrated success in faculty leadership.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the skills and experience to represent the college effectively in a research-intensive comprehensive university environment.
- Alignment with the overall mission of the University and Enterprise.
- Experience with college or university level policy development and administration.
- Ability to function effectively as an integral part of the cohesive College of Nursing leadership team.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
How to apply: Apply online at www.georgiahealth.edu/facultyjobs (keyword: nursing)
Contact: To inquire or make a nomination, contact: Carolyn H. Burns, PHR - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about GRU College of Nursing at www.gru.edu/nursing.
*Created by the consolidation of Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University.
posted may 2013