Pace University 3
Director of Development
Deepen student learning experiences. Foster alumni engagement. The Development and Alumni Relations office at Pace University is excited to announce a unique opportunity for an astute development professional. We are now welcoming inquiries and applications regarding the Director of Development position for our distinctive College of Health Professions.
Primarily situated on the New York City downtown campus, in the robust financial district, the Director of Development for the College of Health Professions (CHP) will partner with the school’s Dean on program specific fundraising initiatives. Under the guidance of the Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, the Director of Development for CHP will strategically plan and manage advancement opportunities for the College’s Lienhard School of Nursing, as well as its Physician Assistant Program. Through creating, strengthening, and maintaining relationships with alumni and friends, the ideal candidate will successfully solicit major gifts at the $25,000 level and higher in support of student-centered objectives, research opportunities, scholarships, and more. Top priorities will include ascertaining what funding opportunities currently exist at the college, and matching these specific needs with the interests of alumni and other individual donors. In this role, the Director will effectively manage communications to the alumni community and CHP, orchestrate fundraising events and alumni gatherings with the Dean, serve as the liaison to the Advisory Board, conduct frequent cultivation meetings, and identify new Advisory Board members.
Regional Alumni Outreach
Partnering with the Associate Vice President, our prospective Director will also have the unique opportunity to administer all regional outreach, cultivation and fundraising for Florida-based alumni and friends of the University. This added responsibility will include 2-5 trips each year to Florida to conduct regional alumni events, identify Presidential level prospects, and manage/solicit major gift prospects.
Please take the time to review the job description by clicking here.
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred).
- Three years minimum experience in fundraising required.
- Demonstrated record of successful major gift solicitations, including the design and execution of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Experience in a higher education setting is strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with the intended audience.
- Superb organizational skills; experience in special events, complex and time-sensitive functions, and group interactions.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with volunteer leadership.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Sage Millennium or comparable fundraising database system.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of students, staff, faculty and outside groups.
Please visit https://careers.pace.edu, Posting Number: 0601597.
Pace University is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer.