University of Missouri- St. Louis
Founding Director of the Collaborative Center
for Nursing Outcomes Research and Innovation (CCNORI)
A new collaborative entity jointly formed by the UMSL College of Nursing and BJC Healthcare’s Missouri Baptist Medical Center (MBMC). The center’s creation and positioning represents a novel effort to create broad, interprofessional research and innovation teams, comprised of scientist and practitioners, employing research and evidence-based practice to significantly improve nursing sensitive quality, safety, service and financial outcomes. The director will lead the development and operationalization of the CCNORI. The primary goal of the center will be to align regional nursing practice and education systems, structures and resources to promote the utilization of research and evidence-based practice and continuous quality improvement methodologies.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Doctorate in nursing or a related field.
- Graduate degree in nursing.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in Missouri prior to employment.
- Track record of extramurally funded research indicative of the potential to sustain a program of research.
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing and publication.
- Evidence of the ability to collaborate effectively with nursing and interprofessional colleagues.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Evidence of the ability to mentor others.
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations.
- Academic experience and scholarly accomplishments indicative of future scholarly potential.
The executive search firm The Hollander Group has been retained by the University of
Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) to assist in this recruitment. Applications, comprising cover
letter and curriculum vitae, as well as nominations and inquiries, should be submitted
electronically to email@example.com. Review will begin immediately and will
continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, interested persons are
encouraged to apply early.
Requests for further information should be directed to:
Clifford R. Hollander, PhD, or Sharon M. Flynn Hollander, RN, MBA
The University of Missouri-St. Louis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer committed to excellence through diversity.