University of Texas at Tyler
Assistant Professor in nursing
The College of Nursing at The University of Texas at invites applicants to apply for a full-time assistant professor at salary commensurate with experience. Position is available fall 2013. Review of applications will begin February 1, 2013 and the position will remain open until filled.
- Earned Doctorate in Nursing (PhD or DNP)
- Family nurse practitioner certification (ANCC or AANP)
- Graduate teaching experience family primary care preferred
- Experience in clinical practice
- Eligible for licensure in Texas
- Evidence of program of scholarship
- Record of extramural support and current competitive funding preferred
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Primary teaching responsibility in a dynamic community based nursing program in family primary care or pediatric primary care
- Maintaining an active program of scholarship
- Mentoring and advising students
- Participating in College and University service
Tyler, situated 100 miles east of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex amid the beautiful lakes and woods of East Texas, is an economically strong and rapidly growing community. With a population of 100,000, Tyler is the regional center for the arts, medical care, finance, and higher education.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current CV, and three letters of reference to:
Amy Toone, Ph.D., R.N., Search Committee Chair
The University of Texas at Tyler
3900 University Blvd.
Tyler, Texas 75799
or by email to email@example.com
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code Section 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Opportunity Employer.