Walden University offers advanced degrees online to professionals whose work impacts others. Degree programs include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration, technology, and engineering. Our challenging programs are designed to help students make a difference in the lives of children, the health of communities, or the success of an organization. The Licensure Manager will assist the College of Health Sciences –School of Nursing by supporting the degree programs related to professional licensure, including but not limited to the Masters and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs. The Manager will be responsible for advising current and prospective students on licensure implications, coordinating information to complete requested state documentation, responding to changes in state licensure laws. The position is part of the College of Health Sciences within Walden University and will report to the Associate Dean for the School of Nursing while supporting the Program Directors, Program Coordinators and the Nursing Field Education Experience office within the SON for the professional programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors changes in professional licensure in the areas of nursing at the state, national and international levels.
- Support the program leadership by providing technical assistance on licensure regulations and policy, coordinating documentation for the completion of licensure certification forms, and responding to student and prospective applicant concerns.
- Advise current and prospective students on issues of professional licensure.
- Assist, as needed, the Office of Institutional Quality and Integrity as well as program leadership in efforts to monitor and influence state licensure regulations.
- Other duties as assigned, including travel to states as needed.
- Master's degree required; Doctoral degree preferred. In a field related to the disciplines of the College, School of Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional licensure or regulatory/legislative research.
- Strong understanding of nursing and health related areas and accreditation issues, experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to reach resolutions.
- Strong self-initiative and ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities and respond expeditiously.
- Licensure in nursing preferred.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting , e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.