Nurse field education coordinator
Walden University offers advanced degrees online to professionals whose work impacts others. Degree programs include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration, technology, and engineering. Our challenging programs are designed to help students make a difference in the lives of clients, the health of communities, or the success of an organization.
This position is responsible, for assisting with the practicum/field experience processes for the School of Nursing in the College of Health Sciences. This position will report to the Nurse Field Education Coordinator – Supervisor for the SON Field Experience Office and work closely with nurse field education coordinators, and interact with academic leadership, faculty/specialization coordinators, program directors, academic advising, and faculty seminar liaisons.
This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Phone triage, retrieve messages from department voice mail and distribute to appropriate staff Return calls when appropriate and the direction of the nurse field education coordinators
- Send out practicum application approvals to students and preceptors
- Maintain practicum deadline table
- Run LEAP reports as directed
- Extract data from Share-point or Symplicity to create reports as directed, including IQI
- Assist with evaluations – distributing and processing
- Take meeting minutes as assigned
- Assist in maintaining spreadsheets and database
- Assist with tracking and maintaining student field education files, field education applications, and field placement site information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Candidates with a bachelor degree prefered
- Solid customer service and teamwork skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication, detail-oriented, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate solid advanced level skills in operating in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, SharePoint PowerPoint Outlook and the ability to learn Walden's administrative database.
- Experience in online distance-learning environment a plus.
- Experience working with graduate students in an educational environment a plus.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting , e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
posted may 2013