West Coast University
nursing faculty positions
Instructors and Professor needed for Clinical, Theory and Simulation
CA: Los Angeles, Orange County, Ontario
West Coast University (WCU) is a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals. Across our three Southern California campuses, we offer undergraduate degrees in nursing and graduate degrees in nursing and health care management. Our Orange County campus offers one of only four Bachelor of Science Degrees in Dental Hygiene in all of California. Our newest campuses in Dallas, Texas and Miami, Florida offer undergraduate degrees in nursing.
In addition to West Coast University’s modern campuses, technologically advanced Simulation Centers and no-cost community Dental Hygiene Clinic, WCU offers a global studies opportunity for top nursing students. With the university’s student-centric philosophy and commitment to creating a learning environment that supports academic excellence, WCU prepares graduates for a career they love that meets the needs of the community and demands of the market.
- Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required
- Current Registered Nurse License and CPR card required
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and have a minimum of one (1) year experience teaching courses in nursing
- Must have approval by the Board of Nursing (BON) prior to assuming the role of Instructor in Nursing
- Current Driver’s License
- Must demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as ACICS, WASC and other accreditation standards
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
How to apply
For a list of open positions, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section of our website: http://www.westcoastuniversity.edu.
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.