West Virginia University
West Virginia University School of Nursing invites applications for an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Track Coordinator. This position will report to the Associate Dean, Graduate Practice programs, and to the Department Chairperson for faculty matters, including annual evaluation, tenure and promotion if qualified, and work assignments. The position will have responsibility for teaching (40%), scholarship and/or service/practice (20%) and administrative responsibilities (40%) during the development and accreditation of the ACNP program.
- Actively work with the Associate Dean and the MSN Curriculum Committee to develop, approve, implement, and evaluate courses in the planned AGACNP track.
- Participate in recruitment of students to the AGACNP track.
- Actively teach in AGACNP courses as assigned. Coordinate work with faculty who also teach in the track.
- Recruit high quality clinical sites and preceptors for student clinical rotations. Work with appropriate staff to assure clinical affiliation agreements are in place prior to student rotations.
- Manage student clinical rotations in conjunction with assigned staff.
- Work with Associate Dean to follow through with track related issues and proposed solutions through appropriate committee.
- Participate as per bylaws in committees.
- Work with Associate Dean to forecast student enrollments in core courses.
- Assure that students are guided appropriately through admission, matriculation, and completion of track related courses.
- Assure that all program policies are applied appropriately and consistently with all students in the track.
Master’s degree (MSN) in nursing requiredand earned doctorate (DNP or PhD) are encouraged to apply. If not already doctorally prepared, enrollment in doctoral program required.
- Eligibility for licensure as an RN in West Virginia required
- Nationally certified as ACNP or AGACNPrequired
- Eligibility for announcement of advanced practice in West Virginia as an ACNP or AGACNP.
- Graduate teaching and curriculum development experience required.
West Virginia University is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Candidates should submit a letter of application; curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All material should be submitted to:
Joy Maramba, DNP, RN
AGACNP Track Coordinator Search
West Virginia University School of Nursing
6700 Health Sciences Center South
Morgantown, WV 26506-9600
Or via email to Brenda Deane at email@example.com
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY IS THE RECIPIENT OF AN NSF ADVANCE AWARD FOR GENDER EQUITY. THE WVU HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER IS A SMOKE FREE CAMPUS.
POSTED MAY 2013