Western Michigan University
Western Michigan University invites applications and nominations for the position of director of the Bronson School of Nursing. The director is the school’s chief academic and executive officer and reports to and advises the dean of the College of Health and Human Services regarding the school. The incumbent will hold rank as a tenured professor. The director also serves on the College Administrative Council, which addresses college-wide policy and planning issues.
The director promotes shared governance and provides overall management and leadership for the school and all of its functions and activities, including but not limited to:
- Planning, developing, delivering, and assessing innovative academic programs
- Fostering excellence in faculty teaching and supporting a learner-centered culture
- Promoting scholarship and externally funded research, with continued growth in these areas
- Recruiting, hiring, developing, supporting, and evaluating faculty and staff
- Financial and resource management
- Managing student enrollment and retention with emphasis on academic excellence and diversity
- Fostering growth of and strengthening community partnerships and related outreach activities consistent with duties of the director
- Fundraising and developing external constituencies
- Adhering to all university policies and practices as well as ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations and laws as related to the department, relevant collective bargaining agreements, and the school’s policy statement
- Participate and contribute to the overall mission of the university, including but not limited to actions for and by the WMU School of Nursing that will further the goals as described in the President’s Statement on Diversity, Multiculturalism, and Inclusion, currently accessible at http://www.wmich.edu/diversityandinclusion/vision.html.
- Earned doctorate in nursing or related field, a master’s degree in nursing, current RN license and eligibility for licensure in Michigan
- A record of teaching, research, and service excellence sufficient to merit appointment as a tenured full professor
- Evidence of administrative experience
- Historical or current evidence of consistent program of research
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Expected Start Date: May 1, 2014
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Western Michigan University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer consistent with applicable federal and state law. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
posted november 2013