Tarleton State University
Tarleton State University seeks a qualified applicant with expertise and experience to serve in a unique tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing and Director of Health and Service Professions position at the university's Southwest Metroplex Center in Fort Worth, Texas. This position begins January 2, 2014.
Tarleton's Southwest Metroplex Center is the university's largest and fastest growing outreach center. Through partnerships with area community colleges, Tarleton offers the RN-BSN program in Fort Worth and will begin offering the MSN in the fall 2014 semester. The Director of Health and Service Professions will provide leadership for the RN-BSN and MSN programs at this location as well as for other service profession programs delivered at the Southwest Metroplex Center. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has energy and the ability to build collaborative relationships that will promote and enhance Tarleton State University, the Southwest Metroplex Center, and the university's delivery of health and service professions programs within the Fort Worth community. The Director of Health and Service Professions will work collaboratively with the Southwest Metroplex Center's Director of Business Programs and Director of Education Programs to achieve mutual goals for overall enrollment growth and program expansion at this site.
The Director will hold an earned doctorate in Nursing or a closely related field, will have RN licensure in Texas that is current and unencumbered, and will have a Master's of Science degree in Nursing with graduate preparation in the area of community health, medical-surgical, gerontology, adult health, psychiatric, or critical care nursing.
- Demonstrating excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service to the profession and university;
- Building relationships with the professional community in nursing, social work, health professions technology and medical laboratory science programs;
- Working directly with Department Heads and Deans to facilitate enrollment growth and program delivery of nursing, social work, health professions technology, and medical laboratory science programs at the Southwest Metroplex location;
- Fostering relationships with community college faculty and department heads and with other community members to support the growth and delivery of nursing, social work, health professions technology and medical laboratory science programs; and
- Engaging in outreach and organizing events and marketing efforts intended to promote Tarleton State University and the Southwest Metroplex Center.
The university is dedicated to its outreach centers and to the delivery of degree programs that fit the needs of learners and the communities where they live.
To apply or for more information regarding this position and specific requirements for qualification, go to http://www.tarleton.edu/hr and click on Search Job Postings. The requisition number for this position is 0601387.
All documents, including completed online application, cover letter, resume/CV, and all transcripts (unofficial will be accepted) must be electronically submitted through the Tarleton's online employment system to be considered.
Tarleton State University, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity.