Texas Lutheran University
Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions in Nursing, in the new innovative BSN program in the proposed Department of Nursing. Work among the best during this time of change and opportunity in healthcare! Appointments will begin July 2014 in preparation for the anticipated start of the first cohort of students in fall 2014. The anticipated rank for this position is Assistant and/or Associate Professor depending on qualifications.
- PhD in Nursing or related field (ABDs with appropriate assurances of completion date may be considered) and hold an earned Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Texas or be eligible for licensure in Texas
- Evidence of experience in program development and evaluation, curriculum design, and teaching in an undergraduate baccalaureate nursing program
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and advising of undergraduate students consistent with the program’s Mission, Values, and Program Outcomes
- Evidence of clinical expertise in one or more specialty areas of nursing with minimum of five years of clinical experience
- Ability to work collegially with other faculty members and staff in the department and across campus
- Affirmation of the mission of Texas Lutheran University, a nationally-recognized institution of the liberal arts and sciences in the Lutheran tradition (ELCA)
Preference may be given to candidates who also offer one or more of the following:
- Evidence of teaching in a specialty in nursing such as pediatrics, maternal, critical care, and/or mental health
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in various formats such as instructional technology and openness to interdisciplinary teaching and team-teaching
- Evidence of experience working within the rules, laws, and regulations relating to BSN programs in Texas
- Evidence of experience in building and promoting community relationships, including developing student practicums in nursing
- ANA or other appropriate certification in specialty or APRN
- A record of publication and a commitment to on-going research
Salary and benefits are competitive. The Department of Nursing offers a baccalaureate degree in nursing program. Texas Lutheran University is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio and approximately 45 miles from Austin. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic and religious freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. Texas Lutheran University is a Hispanic Serving Institution. For more information, consult our web site at http://www.tlu.edu.
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching and nursing philosophy, a statement of research interests, five professional references (names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers), and arrange for three confidential letters of recommendations to be submitted separately. While electronic submissions are preferred, paper documents will be accepted.
Dr. Kathie Aduddell
Director, Department of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University
1000 West Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155-5999
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2013 and continue until the positions are filled. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and
also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
As part of a serious commitment to diversity in its faculty, Texas Lutheran University encourages applicants from women and minorities.