Faculty Program Director/Adjunct Faculty Coordinator
Excelsior College, School of Nursing is currently seeking candidates for the position of Faculty Program Director/Adjunct Faculty Coordinator. Excelsior College, a recognized world leader in distance higher education, makes college degrees accessible to working adults with highly flexible and affordable degree programs.
The School of Nursing Faculty Program Director, Adjunct Faculty Coordinator works in close collaboration with the Human Resources Department, the Regional Performance Assessment Center Director and the Assistant Dean. This individual also works with the Faculty Program Directors to assist in meeting operational needs for adjunct online instructional faculty and clinical faculty for the administration of the Clinical Performance in Nursing Education (CPNE).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review curriculum vitae and identify strong, appropriately credentialed candidates for adjunct faculty positions.
- Conduct interviews with candidates for adjunct faculty positions and make hiring recommendations to Human Resources Department, RPAC Director and Assistant Dean.
- Assure all required documents (license, transcripts, Curriculum Vitae, health records, etc.) have been received at start of orientation process.
- Facilitate/conduct orientation and training for all newly hired adjunct faculty including scheduling online teaching orientation and CPNE orientation.
- Maintain Faculty Profile Table.
- Monitor the School of Nursing’s operational needs for adjunct faculty and makes recommendations as needed.
- Serve on various College committees, task forces, etc. as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A master’s degree in nursing from an accredited academic institution is required.
- Current RN License is required
- An understanding of the Excelsior College AD curriculum and model of delivery.
- Experience in adult and continuing education or distance education highly desirable.
- Experience in online education and/or clinical education.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects to completion within a specified time frame.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with deans, faculty, and staff throughout the College.
- Demonstrated integrity, commitment to high standards, and ability to achieve results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package. Interested individuals should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and three professional references. Please send information to http://www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission or mail to:
Faculty Program Director/Adjunct Faculty Coordinator Search
Office of Human Resources
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203
posted september 2013