Department Chair and program director
The Department of Nursing at Longwood University in Farmville, VA invites applications for the position of Chair and Program Director.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team-building skills to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students. Candidates should have a graduate degree in nursing, an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field, and eligibility for unencumbered RN licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Relevant education and clinical expertise may be in any clinical nursing practice area. Experience teaching in a baccalaureate, pre-licensure nursing program is required; experience in the administration of baccalaureate nursing programs is required. Experience with faculty development is highly desirable, as is experience with external funding. A proven track record of scholarship is also desirable. Candidates should have a distinguished academic record commensurate with appointment at the rank of associate professor of full professor.
The Chair/Program Director is a tenure track position and reports to the Dean of the Cook-Cole College of Arts and Sciences. Salary and benefits are competitive; rank will be determined by credentials and experience.
Expectations for the position include:
- Administration of the Department of Nursing.
- Effective representation of the Department of Nursing within the Longwood community and in the larger Farmville region.Recruitment, development and evaluation of faculty.
- Recruitment of students in collaboration with Longwood Admissions staff in applicant review and student selection.
- Oversight of ongoing curriculum development and evaluation.
- Preparation, maintenance, and submission of all materials for program evaluation and maintaining both Board of Nursing approval status and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation.
- Limited classroom teaching.
- Strong written, oral, and computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain relationships with faculty, staff, and community constituents.
- Active engagement in scholarly activity that reflects the individual’s preparation and experience.
- Active involvement in seeking philanthropic funds.
- Ensures that the program of study is consistent with national accreditation standards, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) essential elements of baccalaureate education in nursing and other state and nationally recognized competencies for BSN education.
Commonwealth of Virginia benefits accompany this position. A successful criminal background check is required. Review of applicants will begin immediately. Submit a letter of interest, contact information for three (3) references, resume, “Release of Information,” and “EEO Data Collection Form” (found on our website at http://www.longwood.edu/hr/24381.htm, under “Recruitment and Hiring” – the EEO form is voluntary) (indicate position #F0240) to:
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Longwood University will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodations to applicants in need of accommodations in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. You are not required to note the presence of a disability on your application. If, however, you require accommodations in the application and/or interview process please contact the Office of Human Resources at 434-395-2074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Fire and Security Report(s) include campus security information, campus fire statistics, safety procedures and provides statistics for criminal and disciplinary offenses. The report(s) are provided annually in compliance with the Clery Act and the (HEOA) Higher Education Opportunity Act. Longwood University’s Annual Safety and Security report is available at: http://www.longwood.edu/assets/police/Clery_Act_2011_Crime_Report.pdf and the Annual Fire Safety report at: http://www.longwood.edu/assets/police/Fire_Report_for_Clery_Act_2011.pdf. A hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety reports and/or a copy of the Fire Log are maintained at the Longwood Police Office and will be provided upon request.
A diversified workforce is an important part of our strategic plan.