Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center’s Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing invites experienced educators to apply for the new Associate Dean for Graduate Programs position. The selected candidate will join a dynamic senior leadership team and will report directly to the dean.
The campus is energized by the recent signing of SB 120 by the Governor of Texas establishing the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso as an independent institution within the Texas Tech University system. TTUHSC’s Paul L. Foster School of Medicine graduated its inaugural medical school class in May of 2013 and a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is in final planning stages.The campus resides within the Medical Center of the Americas’ 440-acre footprint, which has spurred economic development into a world-class medical center serving a major bi-national and military community. Affiliated hospitals include University Medical Center and the El Paso Children’s Hospital.
The city of El Paso is nestled between the beautiful Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, and resides at the confluence of Texas, New Mexico and Mexico. El Paso was recently named the safest mid-sized city in the U.S. and its residents enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year, numerous outdoor pursuits, as well as a vibrant city life at an affordable cost of living.
This is a unique opportunity to participate in the development of MSN and/or DNP graduate programs in a new nursing school. GGHSON is fully accredited by the CCNE and employs state-of-the-art technology in a combination of classroom, online and hands-on learning using patient simulators and hospital settings.This position will participate in curricular design, student recruitment and admissions, program accreditation, grant proposals, and school and program evaluation.
- MSN or DNP from an accredited program
- Qualifications for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Texas State Nursing license or eligibility for Texas State licensure as a registered nurse
- DNP or PhD in nursing or related field from an accredited program
- Qualifications for faculty appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Higher
- Minimum of ten year experience as a nurse practitioner
- Didactic and clinical expertise in the education of nurse practitioner students
- Evidence of advocacy for the nurse practitioner role at the national level
- Experience with the accreditation policies of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience; comprehensive benefits package is included. A complete position description can be found online. Interested candidates must apply online and attach CV at: http://jobs.texastech.edu/postings/56491 Requisition #: 89380. This position is open until filled.
For confidential inquiries, please contact:
Jeanne M. Novotny, PhD, RN, FAAN, Founding Dean
Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer