Cornerstone Consulting Group, LLC
In search of a Registered Nurse for our Medical Intensive Care Unit. The ideal candidate must posses a high degree of confidentiality, have positive interpersonal skills, and be customer service focused.
Shift: Full-Time 7PM -7AM for a total of 36 hours a week with some weekends and holidays
When a patient has suffered a heart attack, stroke, shock, severe trauma, respiratory distress or other severe medical issue, it is vital that they receive immediate and intensive nursing care. Critical care nurses are adept at providing such care in settings where patients can be given complex assessments and treatment.
- Specific critical care nurse duties and responsibilities include:
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording patient vital signs
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications
- Ordering diagnostic tests
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Acting as patient advocate
- Providing education and support to patient families
Critical care nurses may also care for pre- and post-operative patients. In addition, some serve as case managers and policy makers, while others perform administrative duties.
Associates Degree in Nursing: Bachelors Degree in Nursing Preferred * At least one year prior ICU experience; * Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas * ACLS & BLS Certification * CPR Certification
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4n5qg6v
posted february 2014