Virginia Commonwealth University
The Director for the Langston Center for Quality, Safety, and Innovation provides leadership to the operations and offerings of the Center. The focus of the Center includes the development of rigorous learning opportunities for faculty, practitioners, and students across the Health System and community in the area of quality and safety, and supporting innovative practices and education models leading to enhanced quality and safety to improve patient health outcomes. The Director coordinates quality and safety activities and educational endeavors in the School of Nursing and between the School of Nursing, the University, the VCU Health System, and external community organizations. This is a faculty position in the VCU School of Nursing. Rank and track is commensurate with experience and background.
- Well-developed scholarly portfolio in Quality and Safety science.
- Doctoral degree, with a focus in health sciences.
- History of external funding.
- Background in business planning
- Record of effective teaching capability in University settings.
- Record of effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to partner with and lead within a community of scholars across professions and among academic and clinical professionals.
- Effective collaboration and leadership with intra and inter-professional teams.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment.
- Meet criteria for appointment at rank of Associate or Professor.
- Registered nurse eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- National Certification in quality or safety
- Active participation at a national level in quality or safety organizations.
- Experience directing a patient-focused health improvement project.
- Launches the Center using initial planning parameters from the Center advisory group and Dean.
- Leads strategic planning for achievement of the mission of the Center consistent with the mission and strategic plan of the University.
- Develops opportunities for quality and safety education for the faculty and students across VCU and external community constituencies.
- Manages reports on the Center projects.
- Serves as the designated link among VCU schools and Health Systems for quality and safety initiatives.
- Creates synergy between the Center and the School of Nursing in activities related to quality and safety.
- Manages the Center including development and supervision of personnel, fiscal management, and submission of grants in support of Center Activities.
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs to envision and integrate quality and safety content in the Doctor of Nursing Practice curriculum.
- Stimulates an academic environment that values and embraces diversity in heritage and thought.
- Participates in the teaching mission within the School of Nursing.
Please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to:
Tedra Baskerville, Human Resources Coordinator
VCU School of Nursing
P.O. Box 980567
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567
Detailed information about this position and all of our current openings can be found at http://www.pubinfo.vcu.edu/facjobs/searchunit.asp?Item=Nursing.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.