Call for Editor for the Journal of Professional Nursing
The Board of Directors of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) is now inviting applications for the position of Editor for the Journal of Professional Nursing (JPN), the official journal of AACN. JPN is a peer-reviewed bimonthly journal that focuses on the practice, research, and policy roles of nurses with baccalaureate and graduate degrees, the education and management concerns of the universities in which they are educated, and the settings in which they practice. Reports of original work, research, reviews, and policy papers focusing on professional nursing are published. JPN is published by Elsevier.
Criteria to be considered include:
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field
- Experience as an author/reviewer for nursing journals
- Comprehensive knowledge of important issues in professional nursing and nursing education
- Scholarly accomplishments within nursing and healthcare
- Demonstrated research, writing, reviewing, and managerial skills
- Commitment to AACN’s mission and goals
- Ability to recruit exceptional associate editors and reviewers
- Excellent communication skills
- Five year term of appointment
- Must meet strict deadlines to produce six issues of the journal annually
- Must use Elsevier’s electronic manuscript review system
- Work closely with managing editor, publisher, and editorial board
- Training provided, preferably before term begins to overlap with current Editor.
- Attendance at AACN Fall Semiannual Meeting required to report to AACN Board of Directors and Membership
- Must conduct annual meeting of editorial board
- Benefits include honorarium and some travel expenses
A complete application package will include curriculum vitae, a statement addressing the qualification criteria listed here, plus her/his vision for how the journal might evolve.
Application deadline is June 29, 2012.
Please submit your application package to William O’Connor, AACN Director of Publications.