About the Commission on Nurse Certification
The mission of the CNC is to oversee CNL certification activities in order to assure communities of interest that certificants have met accepted standards of practice.
The vision of the CNC is to improve health and health care delivery through developing and sustaining the CNL as a key role in the nursing profession.
Goal 1: Maintain Fair, Reliable, and Defensible Assessments and Standards
- Evaluate the psychometric soundness and validity of the examination.
- Ensure that the examination reflects current professional knowledge and skills.
Goal 2: Promote the Value of CNL Certification
- Develop and implement a marketing plan.
- Increase CNL renewal rates.
- Increase the number of CNL applications.
- Develop and implement policies in accordance with accreditation standards.
- Market CNL certification to faculty of CNL education programs.
- Promote the CNL role.
Goal 3: Manage Administrative Operations in an Efficient and Cost-Effective Manner
- Monitor the financial plan between CNC and AACN.
- Evaluate administrative services.
- Monitor and address confidentiality issues in the certification process.