Board of Commissioners and Committees
The Commission on Nurse Certification is governed by the CNC Board of Commissioners (CNCBOC).
- The CNCBOC is responsible for the policies and procedures of the CNL Certification program.
- Members serve a three year term.
This committee was established in 2013 for the purpose of identifying a passing point (cut score) for the second form of the CNL Certification Exam in conjunction with Schroeder Measurement Technologies, Inc.
Volunteers for this committee assisted with finalizing the CNL Certification Exam
The charge of the Marketing Committee is to promote the value of CNL certification. The committee is responsible for developing strategies to:
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate the marketing plan.
- Promote the CNC brand image.
- Educate and market CNL certification to key stakeholders.
- Promote recertification.
The 12-member Job Analysis (JA) Committee is made up of subject matter experts who:
- Assist with the various stages of the JA including development of the survey instrument
- Review the body of knowledge, and finalize the JA with the testing agency
All CNL item writers are trained to write items and are required to collaborate with the contracted testing agency for the development of the CNL Certification Exam.
This committee is responsible for the program content of CNC’s CNL Research Symposium.