Strategic Plan FY 2010-2013
The mission of the CNC is to oversee CNL certification activities in order to assure communities of interest that certificants have met accepted standards of practice.
The vision of the CNC is to improve health and health care delivery through developing and sustaining the CNL as a key role in the nursing profession.
Strategic Goals and Tactics
Goal 1: Maintain fair, reliable, and defensible assessments and standards
• Evaluate the psychometric soundness and validity of the examination.
• Ensure that the examination reflects current professional knowledge and skills.
Goal 2: Promote the value of CNL certification
• Implement a marketing plan to key stakeholders that promotes a brand image.
• Implement steps towards accreditation of the certification program.
Goal 3: Manage administrative operations in an efficient and cost-effective manner
• Evaluate administrative services.
• Develop a financial plan.
• Monitor and address confidentiality issues in the certification process.