End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC)
Dedicated to Educating Nurses in Excellent Palliative Care
The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) project is a national education initiative to improve palliative care. Read more...
New ELNEC-Undergraduate Online Curriculum Available in January 2017
The ELNEC–Undergraduate online curriculum is complete and will be ready for you and your students to view on January 4, 2017. To review the outline, objectives, FAQ, press releases, new palliative care competencies (CARES), and to view a 2-minute trailer which demonstrates the format of every module, visit the ELNEC Academy website. Remember, if you live/teach in WA, OR, ID, or UT, your students will have free access to these modules for one year, thanks to generous funds provided by the Cambia Healthcare Foundation. For those living in the other 46 states, the cost is $29/student for 12 months of access.
2017 National ELNEC Train-the-Trainer Courses
- March 20-21, Newark, CA: ELNEC-CORE (For nurses in San Francisco and Alameda Counties only)
- April 25-26, Savannah, GA: ELNEC-Core and ELNEC-Pediatric Palliative**
- June 7-8, Denver, CO: ELNEC Summit & June 9 for an Optional Day on "How to Teach ELNEC"*
- July 9, Anaheim, CA: ELNEC-Core Training Course as a pre-conference to the International Conference on Cancer Nursing (ICCN). Registration form available March 1.
- July 11-12, Omaha, NE: ELNEC-Core**
- September 27-28, Minneapolis, MN: ELNEC Summit & September 29 for an Optional Day on "How to Teach ELNEC"*
- October 6-7, Niagara Falls, NY: ELNEC-Core**
*Summit: ELNEC-Core, Pediatric Palliative Care, Geriatric, Critical Care, and APRN train-the-trainer courses are held simultaneously. Choose one course to attend.
**Co-sponsored between the National ELNEC Project and the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
Something new for 2017! An additional ½ day of education on how to teach and use the ELNEC resources will be available following each of the ELNEC Summits (June 9 & September 29). This is optional.
2017 NICHE Conference in Austin, TX
“25 years of Geriatric Nursing Care Excellence – Honoring our Legacy and Transforming the Future.”
Plan to attend the ELNEC-Geriatric Training Course taught by national ELNEC faculty: Drs. Betty Ferrell, Carol Long, and Dorothy Wholihan on April 19 – 22, 2017.
6.75 continuing education contact hours awarded at the completion of the program.
Participants will receive electronic copies of the complete ELNEC-Geriatric program curriculum for use in their organizations.
Each ELNEC curricula are updated annually. Trainers are expected to teach from ELNEC curriculum that is not older than 3 years.
2017 National ELNEC
from the Same Institution