ELNEC-Pediatric Palliative Care
ELNEC-Pediatric Palliative Care (ELNEC-PPC) was adapted from the ELNEC-Core curriculum in 2003. ELNEC-PPC was developed by 20 pediatric palliative care experts, who recognized the unique needs of children and their families. Since its inception in August 2003, more than fifteen national courses have been provided across the US to date, along with six Association for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses (APHON) collaborative courses. Over 1715 pediatric nurses and other healthcare providers have attended one of these national train-the-trainer courses. In 2009, the curriculum was up-dated to include enhanced perinatal and neonatal content.
Who Should Attend ELNEC-Pediatric Palliative Care?
- Undergraduate and graduate pediatric nursing faculty
- CE providers and staff development educators working in pediatric settings
- Hospice nurses
- Homecare nurses
- APRN/staff nurses working in pediatric acute care settings (i.e. oncology, medical/surgical, palliative care settings, NICU, PICU, clinics, etc)
- Other members of the pediatric interdisciplinary team are welcome to attend, with the understanding that the curriculum is written by nurses for nurses.
ELNEC-Pediatric Palliative Care Train-the-Trainer Course*
July 29-30, 2014
Click here for details, registration, and hotel information
Click here to view flyer
* National ELNEC-Pediatric Palliative Care train-the-trainer courses will be held in collaboration with the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) and the National ELNEC Project Team.
Looking for ELNEC-PPC on-line via video streaming? Register your staff to view ELNEC-PPC, presented by national faculty. This is for training only and not for train-the-trainer purposes.
Further Questions? Check out the FAQ Section.