Conferences

Detail

Share |

Dates: November 14-15, 2012
Location: San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter - San Antonio, TX


General Information

The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) is pleased to offer an opportunity for nursing faculty to attend the ELNEC-For Veterans train-the-trainer program, November 14-15, 2012 as a preconference to AACN's Baccalaureate Education Conference in San Antonio, TX. The Milbank Foundation will provide FREE registration to the first 60 qualified faculty who apply whose School of Nursing support the Joining Forces initiative. Additional attendees are welcome and may register for $550. Faculty will receive information and resources (such as slides, case studies, supplemental teaching materials) to offer end-of-life/palliative care education to nursing students. Many nursing students have clinical experiences in Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities. Only 4% of veterans die in VA facilities, meaning the other 96% are cared for in non-VA facilities such as community hospitals, homecare, clinics, and nursing homes — all areas where students have clinical rotations. ELNEC-For Veterans, originally funded by the US Department of Veterans Affairs in 2010, has been used across the U.S. to promote palliative care education to over 725 nurses, physicians, social workers, pharmacists, and other health professionals. 

ELNEC is a national educational program administered by City of Hope National Medical Center and AACN designed to enhance end-of-life/palliative care in nursing, has reached over 14,000 nurses and other members of the interprofessional healthcare team to date. ELNEC has been taught in 73 countries worldwide and is translated into 7 languages. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about this critical subject matter from nationally known speakers and receive exceptional teaching resources from this renowned program. City of Hope/Beckman, Nursing Research & Education-Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13380, for 10 contact hours. No partial CEs given. You must attend entire program to receive CEs.

Registration & Additional information

Click here to view the overview, application, agenda, and FAQ.

Note: This course is funded for full-time nursing faculty only, whose School of Nursing is supporting the Joining Forces Initiative.
 

Contact

For more information, contact Pam Malloy at pmalloy@aacn.nche.edu.