Call for Expert Faculty Reviewers
2014 Educational Innovations
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare, and Khan Academy have partnered to create free, peer-developed and reviewed professional online resources to help nurses prepare for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®). Together, these institutions hosted a competition to create videos related to content found on the NCLEX-RN®. Competition winners are producing video content that will be accessible to health care students and professionals worldwide.
AACN is seeking expert faculty volunteers to create NCLEX-RN® style practice questions. Volunteer faculty will develop sample questions, answers, and hints.
Qualification for volunteers:
- Experience and expertise in teaching this nursing content
- Excellent test item writing skills
- Meets deadlines effectively
- Proficient using Microsoft Word
- Comfortable learning and using online tools (specifically the online tool Trello)
- Regular access to broadband internet
- Ability to commit up to 5 hours per week for practice test item construction and review
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter describing their qualifications and their curriculum vitae or resume.
Deadline for submission:
June 1, 2014 or until a core set of volunteers is found, whichever comes first.
Karen Kesten, DNP, APRN, CCRN, PCCN, CCNS, CNE
Director of Educational Innovations
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
One Dupont Circle, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036
202-463-6930, ext. 274