Faculty Policy Intensive
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing is will hold its third annual Faculty Policy Intensive on March 23-26, 2015 in Washington, DC. This fully-funded, four-day immersion program is designed for faculty of AACN member schools who are interested in actively pursuing a role in healthcare and nursing policy. This Faculty Policy Intensive offers participants the opportunity to enhance existing knowledge of policy and advocacy through sessions that will strengthen understanding of the legislative process and the dynamic relationships between federal departments and agencies, national nursing organizations, and the individual advocate.
The Faculty Policy Intensive provides opportunities to:
- Meet with leadership from federal departments and agencies to discuss policy initiatives for the nursing profession.
- Network with Hill staff at AACN’s Congressional Reception.
- Attend workshops to strengthen and refine communication skills for effective advocacy.
- Engage with representatives from national professional nursing organizations on current healthcare policy issues and the role of the collective voice.
- At the conclusion of the Intensive, participants will put their new advocacy skills to use as AACN Faculty Policy Fellows.
To apply for the 2015 Faculty Policy Intensive program, view 2015 FPI Application.
“I would recommend this program to any nurse educator who wants to gain a more national perspective, and hear it directly from those who are making health policy decisions…”
“The AACN Faculty Policy Intensive was indeed an intensive learning experience on the importance of policy for the future in nursing…”
Please contact Senior Director, Government Affairs and Health Policy, Dr. Suzanne Miyamoto at email@example.com.