State Grassroots Liaisons
AACN recognizes that its State Grassroots Liaisons (SGLs) are essential in the organization’s ability to advance AACN’s Federal Policy Agenda. These member Deans/Directors/Chairs, who have committed to volunteering their time as an SGL, understand the importance of strengthening relationships with Congressional offices and amplifying AACN’s unified advocacy voice. Personal connections to congressional districts and states are paramount to fostering collaboration. In addition, SGLs serve as expert resources to colleagues in their state and help inform Government Affairs (GA) staff about state-level policy issues.
Below are resources for both new and experienced SGLs.
- About the AACN SGL Program
- 2015 Policy Agenda
- Current AACN Policy and Advocacy Priorities
- Identify Your Federal Legislators
- Congressional Nursing Caucuses
- Guide to Scheduling Hill Visits
- Advocacy Resources
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports