- AACN Supports Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice in Nebraska
- AACN Supports Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice Efforts in Michigan
- New Regulation on State Authorization for Distance Education Programs
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Weighs in on APRN Scope of Practice (SOP) Download Letters in Response to Legislation Introduced in Texas and Florida
- Senator Daniel Inouye (D-HI) and Six Other Federal Legislators Urge the FTC to Continue Its Review of State ARPN SOP
- Download the Senator’s letter and the FTC Response
- New Law Allows California State Nursing Schools to Offer the DNP
AACN Advocating for State Scope of Practice
AACN is committed to supporting our state delegations with legislation that will impact the ability of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) to provide care to the full extent of their education and training. Please contact AACN’s Director of Government Affairs, Dr. Suzanne Miyamoto, at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of assistance.
AACN's Massachusetts Support
AACN’s Michigan Support
AACN’s Nebraska Support
AACN's Tennessee Support
Over the last three years, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has provided recommendations concerning state scope of practice legislation. Each time the FTC has offered comments, they support APRNs to practice to the full extent of their education and training. They recognize that the care provided by APRNs is safe, cost-effective and is essential for access to care.