Student Policy Summit
March 23, 2015, AACN’s Spring Congressional Reception. House Nursing Caucus Co-Chairs Representatives Lois Capps (D-CA) and David Joyce (R-OH) (center, front row), and Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) (upper left) with AACN Student Policy Summit attendee’s and AACN leadership, President, Dr. Eileen Breslin, Government Affairs Committee Chair, Dr. Anita Hufft, and CEO, Dr. Deborah Trautman.
AACN’s Government Affairs Committee is pleased to announce the Student Grassroots Prize which will provide $500 each to three exceptional students who have created a project that raises awareness to engage individuals (i.e. students, coworkers, or other colleagues in the community) toward a common local, state, or federal policy effort. Available only to attendees of the 2015 Student Policy Summit, applicants will have until the December following the Summit to submit a short project summary and other forms of media (e.g. video) detailing the grassroots project they have created.
|On behalf of all of the contributors to the award-winning book, Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care, who so generously donate their time to advance nurses' knowledge of health policy and political action, the editors of the book, Diana J. Mason, Judith K. Leavitt, Mary W. Chaffee, and its publisher, Elsevier, are pleased to sponsor this new Grassroots opportunity.|
- Applicants must have attended the 2015 Student Policy Summit.
- Grassroots project must been implemented in the calendar year which the student attended the Summit.
- Project summary (no longer than 2 pages single spaced) that should address:
- Description of the grassroots project
- How the applicant incorporated skills learned at the Summit into their project
- The impact of the grassroots project
- Thoughts for future advocacy or grassroots engagement
- Applicants are encouraged to include pictures, video, charts, to support project summary.
Please submit your completed applications to AACN Government Affairs Assistant, Leeza Constantoulakis at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm ET on Tuesday, December 1, 2015. Be sure to include “Grassroots Prize” along with your name and school in the email’s subject line.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or (202)463-6930 ext. 272.