Student Policy Summit
The AACN Student Policy Summit is a three-day conference held in Washington, DC and is open to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students enrolled at an AACN member institution, up to four students per institution. Students who attend Summit are immersed in didactic program sessions focused on the federal policy process and nursing’s role in professional advocacy.
Please note: This page will be updated periodically closer to the date of the Summit. Confirmed registered students will also receive additional details about conference logistics, Capitol Hill visits, and expectations.
The 2017 Student Policy Summit will take place March 19-21.
AACN is pleased to announce the 2017 Grassroots Student Ambassador Prize. This prize will be granted to two exceptional students who involve others to engage in grassroots advocacy. Available only to attendees of the 2017 Student Policy Summit, applicants will have until March 15, 2017 to submit an application essay or other form of media (e.g. video) detailing the grassroots project they have created. These students will serve as Ambassadors from March 2017 to March 2018 and will each receive $750 for the implementation of their proposal.
February 08, 2017
Civics Refresher for Student Policy Summit Attendees
View Webinar Details
March 02, 2017
Preparing for a Successful Student Policy Summit
2:00 - 3:00 PM (ET)
View Webinar Details
Given the high demand for registration and limited availability (200 slots):
- AACN member deans must be responsible for registering their students.
- A four-student limit per AACN member school will be instituted for the 2017 registration process. This includes any complimentary registrations granted through sponsorship.
- Registration is first-come, first-serve, and payment is due by credit card at the time of registration, and registrants must adhere to the cancellation policies.
- Only students who have not previously attended the Student Policy Summit may be registered.
- Registrants are discouraged from making hotel or travel arrangements until their registration has been confirmed.
The cost of registration attendance for the Student Policy Summit is $399.00 per student. Payment is due by credit card at the time of registration, and registrants must adhere to the cancellation policies. AACN will charge a $150 administrative fee for registrations up to two weeks prior to the event.
Last year, we had a number of students who had other people paying for their rooms (teachers, parents, etc). However, they were presenting their personal cards upon check in. In order to avoid this, please have anyone who is having their room paid by someone else fill out the attached credit card form.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
If you subsequently cannot attend this event, the following options are available:
1. You may substitute your registration to another individual within your school. This must be done by contacting the AACN Conference Department via email at email@example.com.
2. If a substitution is not possible, your cancellation request must be received in writing and confirmed by AACN; otherwise, it cannot be honored. The following refund arrangements will then apply:
- Cancellation requests received by December 30, 2016 will be refunded minus a $75 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellation requests received after December 30, 2016 will not be granted any refunds.
- Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
- No-show registrations with an open balance will be charged a $75 non-refundable administrative fee after the event.
Please note: Cancellations received fewer than 7 days prior to the conference start date will be reviewed and processed within two weeks after the last day of the conference.
AACN reserves the right to cancel this conference and any group activity that does not meet minimal group requirements. AACN assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rental, or other travel costs.
The 2017 Agenda is not finalized. Check back closer to the Summit for the finalized version.
View last year's agenda.
Thank you to the sponsors of the 2016 Student Policy Summit! See the complete list of sponsors.
The Park Hyatt Washington
1201 24th Street
Washington, DC 20037
The room block at the Park Hyatt Washington is sold out. An overflow block has been established at the Westin Georgetown.
The Westin Georgetown
2350 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
- The room rate starts at $299 single/double.
- The cutoff date for reservations at the group rate is February 24, 2017.
- For reservations, call the hotel at 800-228-3000 and request the group rate for AACN Room Block.
Reagan National Airport (DCA) is located approximately 15 minutes from The Park Hyatt Washington and is Metro accessible. The closest Metro station to the hotel is GWU/Foggy Bottom on the Orange/Blue line, 3 blocks from The Park Hyatt Washington. Taxi fare from Reagan National (DCA) is approximately $20 each way.
Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately 34 minutes from the hotel. Taxi fare from Dulles Airport (IAD) is approximately $71 each way.
Baltimore/Washington Airport (BWI) is approximately 45 minutes from the hotel.
Taxi fare from Baltimore/Washington Airport (BWI) is approximately $98 each way.
Shuttles are available through Super Shuttle at www.supershuttle.com. Shuttle fares: DCA (approximately $15 each way), IAD (approximately $30 each way), and BWI (approximately $38 each way).
Above rates are subject to change.
Dietary and Special Needs
If you have any dietary restrictions (e.g., vegetarian, kosher, or gluten-free) or special needs, please email us prior to the event at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights from AACN’s 2016 Spring Congressional Reception
If you have any questions, please contact Ellie Cook with further questions.
Please note this event will be photographed. Photos taken by AACN may be used in AACN publications, website, and/or social media.