Student Policy Summit
REGISTration Will Open October 11, 2016 at 12:00PM EST
The AACN Student Policy Summit is a three-day conference held in Washington, DC and is open to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students enrolled at an AACN member institution. Students who attend Summit are immersed in didactic program sessions focused on the federal policy process and nursing’s role in professional advocacy. Please note: This page will be updated periodically closer to the date of the Summit. Confirmed registered students will also receive additional details about conference logistics, Capitol Hill visits, and expectations.
The 2017 Student Policy Summit will take place March 19-21.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Given the high demand for registration and limited availability (200 slots):
- AACN member deans must be responsible for registering their students.
- A two-student limit per AACN member school will be instituted for the 2017 registration process. This includes any complimentary registrations granted through sponsorship.
- Registration is first-come, first-serve, and payment is due by credit card at the time of registration, and registrants must adhere to the cancellation policies.
- Only students who have not previously attended the Student Policy Summit may be registered.
- Registrants are discouraged from making hotel or travel arrangements until their registration has been confirmed.
Last year, we had a number of students who had other people paying for their rooms (teachers, parents, etc). However, they were presenting their personal cards upon check in. In order to avoid this, please have anyone who is having their room paid by someone else fill out the attached credit card form.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
If you subsequently cannot attend this event, the following options are available:
1. You may substitute your registration to another individual within your school. This must be done by contacting the AACN Conference Department via email at email@example.com.
2. If a substitution is not possible, your cancellation request must be received in writing and confirmed by AACN; otherwise, it cannot be honored. The following refund arrangements will then apply:
- Cancellation requests received by December 30, 2016 will be refunded minus a $75 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellation requests received after December 30, 2016 will not be granted any refunds.
- Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
- No-show registrations with an open balance will be charged a $75 non-refundable administrative fee after the event.
Please note: Cancellations received fewer than 7 days prior to the conference start date will be reviewed and processed within two weeks after the last day of the conference.
AACN reserves the right to cancel this conference and any group activity that does not meet minimal group requirements. AACN assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rental, or other travel costs.
2017 agenda coming soon.
View last year's agenda.
Thank you to the sponsors of the 2016 Student Policy Summit! See the complete list of sponsors.
Highlights from AACN’s 2016 Spring Congressional Reception
If you have any questions, please contact Kate Priddy with further questions.
Please note this event will be photographed. Photos taken by AACN may be used in AACN publications, website, and/or social media.