The following resources, developed through the initiatives of the AACN-AONE Academic-Practice Partnership Steering Committee, are available for nursing leaders looking to develop and sustain effective academic-practice partnerships.
Endorsed by both AACN and AONE, these 8 guiding principles will help nursing leaders to develop collaborative arrangements based on common goals, mutual respect, and shared knowledge.
This tool kit was designed to facilitate the development, growth, and evaluation of academic-practice partnerships as a fundamental condition to advance nursing practice and improve the quality of care. In addition to exemplars, resources were created to guide you from start to finish in developing a partnership.
This matrix is designed to facilitate robust and effective academic-practice partnerships by providing a method to 1) establish partnership goals 2) identify action steps for implementation and 3) specify expected outcomes and their timeframe. A blank worksheet, sample document and multiple exemplars are posted for reference.
The Exemplary Academic-Practice Partnership Award recognizes institutions involved in highly productive and model academic-practice partnerships. This award is presented annually at the AACN Fall Semiannual Meeting.
View 2016 Call for Nominations
2015 Award Winners
- Arizona State University College of Nursing & Health Innovations and Mayo Clinic Arizona
- Stony Brook University and Stony Brook University Hospital
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing and Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
2014 Award Winners
- University of South Alabama College of Nursing and University of South Alabama Medical Center
- Northeast Region VA Nursing Alliance (NERVANA) and VA Boston/Bedford Health Care Systems
- University of Iowa College of Nursing and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
2013 Award Winners
- University of California-San Francisco School of Nursing and Alameda County Center for Healthy Schools and Communities
- The Ohio State University (OSU) College of Nursing and OSU Health System
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing and PENN Medicine
This collaboration community is hosted by the AACN-AONE Academic-Practice Partnership Steering Committee. Designed for both academic and practice representatives, this community provides a forum to share information and resources, learn about innovative partnerships, discuss ways to measure success, connect with potential partners in your region and network with peers. To join, click here.
- Articles and Presentations
- Literature Review on Academic-Practice Partnerships
- Survey on Academic-Practice Partnerships
- Focus Group Sessions