Innovations in Professional Nursing Education
This award recognizes the outstanding work of AACN member schools to re-envision traditional models for nursing education and lead programmatic change. Innovation awards, including a monetary prize of $1,000, will be given annually in four institutional categories:
- Small School
- Academic Health Center (AHC)
- Private School without an AHC
- Public School without an AHC
The deadline for applying is June 3, 2016.
Schools submitting nominations were ask to show that the programmatic innovation:
- Served as a catalyst for change within the curriculum and/or educational mission of the institution
- Has the potential for replication and dissemination
- Has involved teams of faculty when possible (e.g., across programs, disciplines)
- Is consistent with AACN’s mission and vision
- Demonstrates advancement of professional nursing education
Submitting a Nomination
Selection of Award Winners
All nominations will be reviewed by the AACN Membership Committee with recommendations forwarded to the full Board of Directors for a vote in July. The dean/director of the programs receiving an award will be invited to accept the honor at the Fall Semiannual Meeting in October 2016.
For more information, contact AACN Membership Director Beth Aronson at 202-463-6930, ext. 263 or email@example.com.