Innovations in Professional Nursing Education
This award recognizes the outstanding work of AACN member schools to re-envision traditional models for nursing education and lead programmatic change. Innovation awards, including a monetary prize of $1,000, will be given annually in four institutional categories:
- Small School
- Academic Health Center (AHC)
- Private School without an AHC
- Public School without an AHC
Schools submitting nominations were ask to show that the programmatic innovation:
- Served as a catalyst for change within the curriculum and/or educational mission of the institution
- Was sustained for at least one year and has achieved desired outcomes
- Has the potential for replication and dissemination
- Has involved teams of faculty when possible (e.g., across programs, disciplines)
- Is consistent with AACN’s mission and vision
- Demonstrates advancement of professional nursing education
Submitting a Nomination
Nominations must be made by submitting a letter to the chair of the AACN Membership Committee, Dr. Ann Cary. The nomination letter must include:
- A description of the programmatic innovation, including outcomes achieved and a project title
- A concise summary, not to exceed one paragraph in length
- An explanation of how the award criteria were met
- Institutional category of the nominee: Small School, Academic Health Center, Public School without an AHC, or Private School without an AHC
Letter should not exceed three pages, plus an optional fourth cover page, in length, single-spaced, 12 point font with one inch margins. Only one nomination per institution is permitted. Letters must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit a nomination is June 8, 2013.
Selection of Award Winners
All nominations will be reviewed by the AACN Membership Committee with recommendations forwarded to the full Board of Directors for a vote in July. The dean/director of the programs receiving an award will be invited to accept the honor at the Fall Semiannual Meeting in October 2013.
For more information, contact AACN Membership Director Beth Aronson at 202-463-6930, ext. 263 or email@example.com.